Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Express Yourself - Book Worlds


It's EYM timethe weekly meme that Dani and I come up with a question/topic of some sort for other bloggers to share and learn more about each other.
Please join us HERE!

Topic of the week: List 5 books you would NOT want to live in. Then list 5 books you'd love to live in. If you can't come up with 5, no biggie. I couldn't either.




3 books I wouldn't want to live in:

**The Hunger Games - I love the series, but I wouldn't want my family to go through the struggles in this series or have to fight for their lives with hardly any hope of survival. No way, no how. 

**The Walking Dead graphic novels - While I love reading through the comics, and I love the TV series even more, I would not want to live in a zombie apocalypse. I'd like to think I'd be a badass like Michonne, but if I'm being honest, I know I would be like Beth (tv series), or even the way Carol (tv series) used to be. Now, Carol is awesome, but I don't know if I'd ever get to that degree of survival. Sad, but completely true. 
**Unwind series - Neal Shusterman's a genius, and this series is incredible, but I wouldn't want to live in a world where kids are used for parts.

5 books I'd love to live in:


**Hush, Hush series - I adore Patch. That is all.

**Vampire Academy - a school for vampires and dhampirs (mix of a vampire and a human), who learn how to fight off Strigoi (evil vamps) while getting a solid education and a kickbutt workout regime? Absolutely!
**House of Night series - a school for vampires who are in touch with the earth through magic sounds like a fun place to live!
**Splintered series - The world Anita creates is magical and makes me want to "jump down the rabbit hole" again and again.
**Harry Potter series - YES PLEASE! This world would be an amazing place to live. And my kiddos would love it, too. 

What book worlds would you avoid? What ones would you love to visit?





7 comments:

  1. Yeah, the Harry Potter world would be pretty amazing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hunger Games would trip me out too much. It's an old one, but I think I'd like to live in Jonathan Livingston Seagull.

    MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches


    ReplyDelete
  3. The Walking Dead and The Hunger Games would indeed make for terrible places to live. I'd also love to inhabit the world of Harry Potter, though I wouldn't mind dodging the whole battling with Voldemort part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't want to live in those books either! But for the world of Harry Potter, I'd give my firstborn. Well, okay, maybe I wouldn't, but the temptation is there! *LOL* Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not: Charlotte's Web (Although I loved the book, I'm not cut out for the harsh realities of farm life.), The Limit, The Hunger Games, Bunnicula (That cat would drive me insane), City of Ember (need sunlight); Yes, please: Harry Potter (of course), Anne of Green Gables, Wizard of Oz, Fablehaven, School of Fear.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. So do photos of Adam Levine... <3